Busy, busy, busy so a quick update (also I have another post after this one):
- I never finished the post about my eye doctor appointment. So here’s the short summary. I am fine. I took lots of pics at the office. I was there for HOURS. Is anyone losing sleep at night because I never wrote the down and deep about my eye doctor appoint? No? Okay, let’s move on and I’ll get info together for another time.
- I read this earlier today: ”To strengthen the muscles of your heart, the best exercise is lifting someone else’s spirit whenever you can.” – Dodinsky. Do Good, Feel Good.
- My ongoing issues with my pump sites going bad immediately after inserting and blood bath moments in my bathroom have remained but I have had 2 good sites in a row so that’s encouraging. The discouraging part is my insurance won’t budge on my allotment of sites. I went through 6 in a weekend. I will be completely screwed towards the end of this 3 month prescription and forced to either leave in sites too long or switch back to shots. No way Jose. I’m an Inset kinda girl. I like awesome packaging the doubles as the inserter. I like pink and blue sites (I’m totally anti green though. TOTALLY). Today I was able to try out the Inset 30. Things have changed since I used the equivalent version (Silhouettes) back in my MiniMed pumping days. Although the needle still looks obnoxiously rude (like it’s going to spew curse words I’ve never even heard at me), there is now an inserter. Yeah, I was nervous putting it in but not that pale, sweaty way that used to happen as my hands shook back in my manual insertion days. It’s funny though that just looking at this new (well new to me) site took me right back to my first NYC apartment and pep talking myself as my hands shook trying to get those damn sites in. So, I am currently wearing my old blue Inset (I can’t risk another blood bath at work. Mint green pants and a white lace shirt SO does NOT go with my ruby red blood). I also have my Dexcom on my tummy. I am one hot stuff robot lady today. Woo Wee. (I can’t show the Dexcom because I’m keeping SurfaceFine PG… well for today).
- I have finally finished my JDRF Walk letter. I wrote an earlier version that I tried out on a few people last week. It had one of 2 reactions. It either made people cry, like really cry and hug me or TOTAL radio silence. Like no email, text, IM silence. Oh well. My new letter is a bit long but it touches on what I think is important. Once I clean it up a bit, I’ll post it here.
- I need to stop cussing so much. I’m not sure if this is diabetes related or not. F*ck Diabetes? Yeah, totally diabetes related. Oh and PG is over now.